Antiguo Convento San Francisco
Antiguo Convento San Francisco is currently a museum housing many of Nicaragua's pre-Columbian statues from Zapatera Island as well as some contemporary art. It was originally built by the Franciscan monks in 1529 until it was destroyed 150 years later by Henry Morgan. Since then it has been destroyed and rebuilt a few times and has been used by the military as well as for a University prior to becoming a national museum.
Antiguo Convento San Francisco is only a couple blocks from Parque Colon (Central Park) in the middle of the city of Granada. It is typically open from 8am to 5pm weekdays and 9am to 4pm weekends and charges about two or three dollars for admission.